Name: Lamps of Oblivion
Category: Items, Objects and Clothes
File Mirror #1: Planet Elder Scrolls
File Mirror #2: FileFront
File Mirror #3: Elric Melnibone
Homepage: OBMM HowTo Site
This mod adds magical lamps that give off colored light.
This is both a modder's resource and a playable plugin. To create a mod based off this one, open the Construction Set and double-click on "Lamps of Oblivion Master.esm" and click "Set as Active File", OK. Add the items from the "WorldObjects, Light, Lights, LampsOfOblivion" and save your .esp. The .esp now requires the .esm file in order to load the objects.
Although this mod was inspired by the Crystal Ball Lamps mod, it is completely independant from it and will not conflict with it.
The following lamps are for sale at Three Brothers Trade Goods, Good As New Merchandise and The Copius Coinpurse in the Imperial City Market District;
- Lamp of Emeralds
- Lamp of Gold
- Lamp of Lava
- Lamp of Mages
- Lamp of Orcs
- Lamp of Roses
- Lamp of Royals
- Lamp of Silver
- Lamp of the ArchMage
- Lamp of the Deadra
- Lamp of Vampires
- Lamp of Welkynds
It is rumored that the following unique artifacts exist and are in the possesion of vendors but nobody knows who has them;
- Lamp of Death
- Lamp of Storms
- Lamp of the Fire Atronach
- Lamp of the Frost Atronach
Here are the RGB values for each light source:
000.255.000 - Lamp of Emeralds
245.245.085 - Lamp of Gold
255.172.000 - Lamp of Lava
251.255.230 - Lamp of Mages
004.154.013 - Lamp of Orcs
255.158.219 - Lamp of Roses
200.045.180 - Lamp of Royals
192.192.192 - Lamp of Silver
000.000.255 - Lamp of the ArchMage
205.004.004 - Lamp of the Deadra
128.000.000 - Lamp of Vampires
121.226.212 - Lamp of Welkynds
000.000.000 - Lamp of Death
015.139.240 - Lamp of Storms
255.128.000 - Lamp of the Fire Atronach
199.226.250 - Lamp of the Frost Atronach
Please see the readme for details.
Known Issues or Bugs
Mainly game engine ones;
- Lights can shine through walls to a significant extent.
- Sometimes you have to exit and re-enter an area to see the light.
- Light is sometimes not emitted from the middle of the globes. Usually this occurs when you load the game. Exiting and entering the area usually fixes the problem, but not always. The glow maps seems off as well when this happens. Not only the lamps are affected either.
- On my 4-year-old rig, framerates tend to drop 1 to 2 FPS for each light laying on the ground.
- Your milage will vary.
2006-10-24, 1.0 - Initial release.
Might try to add objects inside the crystal balls such as a skull.
You can find me on the official Elder Scrolls forums as 'Conan_Lon'
You can find me on TESNexus as 'LHammonds'
- Thanks to Stardaemon for the WIP called Crystal Ball Lamps.
- Thanks to Xvoh for the French translation.
- Thanks to Bethesda for the Oblivion game, the Construction Set and the 3D meshes used in this mod.
- Thanks to Construction Set Wiki for the learning materials.
- Thanks to TESNexus for the one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.
- Thanks to God for creating us all.
Oblivion Mod Manager
Paint Shop Pro
TES Construction Set
You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me credit if you re-package this mod.
I'd also ask to give credit to everyone listed in the Credits section.
It would be nice to know what other mods this shows up in.
Released mods and utilities
1 post • Page 1 of 1